Wiggle Cornwall

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

helston90

Eat, sleep, ride, repeat.
Wow - great time Richard Helston - 2nd I believe?
The roads were as I expected. Some of the nastiest mentioned are very close to home & I try my best to avoid them normally. I think a lot of people underestimate how hard Cornwall is for riding - I spent many years in Lancs & Yorks & find the terrain here tougher.
That's the one yeah- was a really strong ride (for me) managed to maintain a good effort level throughout and didn't stop at the second feed station which saved a few minutes (marginal gains, lol)

Hope you all enjoyed it! Will definitely look at a sportive next year down here
Next year? Get out of here, you have time to train for both/ either-
Bodmin Moor 100 (98 miles/ 72 miles/46 miles) on Sunday 13th July
Lands End 100 (100 miles/ 100km/ 75km) on 5th October

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
That's the one yeah- was a really strong ride (for me) managed to maintain a good effort level throughout and didn't stop at the second feed station which saved a few minutes (marginal gains, lol)

Next year? Get out of here, you have time to train for both/ either-
Bodmin Moor 100 (98 miles/ 72 miles/46 miles) on Sunday 13th July
Lands End 100 (100 miles/ 100km/ 75km) on 5th October

the bodmin moor one looks dooable, im doing a 75 mile charity jobbie in june and should have my house sold by then so nice shiney bike could be on the cards! just need to keep my average commuting speed maintained over longer distances! (curently 17mph but once i hit 15 miles it drops to about 15 unless i have a tailwind)

Well done to all the entrants!

I hope you all look forward to doing other events. I have two coming up myself and I'm looking forward to them both.

@helston90 , what overall mileage did you do, and are the feed station stops worthwhile? Just struggling to train at the minute, hit about 35 miles and hit my limit, luckily a pub wasn't too far away, so stopped for lunch and drink.

OP
OP
Newman8

Newman8

the bodmin moor one looks dooable, im doing a 75 mile charity jobbie in june and should have my house sold by then so nice shiney bike could be on the cards! just need to keep my average commuting speed maintained over longer distances! (curently 17mph but once i hit 15 miles it drops to about 15 unless i have a tailwind)

Exactly the same - need to find the stamina to keep a decent speed going for longer!

Bodmin one looks really good - just gets more difficult getting any time off as we get into summer...

Next target for this year is to do a metric ton & then will set some new goals...

Well done again everyone - best wishes also to the guy in the crash! All ok I hope???

Top Bottom