Wii Fit - is it any good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I'm trying to think of a family Christmas Present, and wondered about a Wii Fit. I take it when you buy it, it comes with one set of games? And then do you buy specific games to work with it?

Has anyone got one and an opinion on whether they are any good?

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
No. It's a great deal of money. Yes it does come with one set of (sub)games/workouts whatever you want to call them.

There are only a dozen games that use the Wii board (they are nearly all very recent). If you look on the list of Nintendo releases for 2009 there is more stuff on the way.

gbb

Legendary Member
A bit expensive, but very very good fun if everyones prepared to have a go.

Theres the games side and of course the fitness side, and some is fun, but some bloody hard work..but fun.

If there's a bunch of you, great fun.

OP
OP
summerdays

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I thought I had found one that wasn't at an inflated price but its gone already. But it sounds like they might like playing on it.

Sig SilverPrinter

Great fun my kids love it.
Husband was the hula hoop champ for a while until I thrashed his score and nobody has beat me on the headding one but hes got the record for the ski jump which I haven't come close to beating ...yet :hello:

merlinmagic

We have one and its a great deal of fun. Even if you don't do the workouts having a few people round over a beer or two and playing hula hoop is entertainment in itself.

The exercise stuff works really well though in my opinion. Unless you are really in a hurry to get it for Chrimbo wait and check the stores on a regular basis and you will get one at normal RRP.

We have bought 3 now (mother in law has one, sister in law and we got one too). All of them we paid RRP but you have to patiently call the local game stores to see what their stock levels are.

ChrisKH

Guru
If you get one at a cheap price before Xmas, then you're a better man than me. Obviously you're not a man, but you get the picture.

OP
OP
summerdays

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I think my kids are old enough to wait till after Christmas for a last present... there will be enough on the day anyway without them wanting to switch on a box. I like Christmas day to be free from those sort of things until the evening.... then put your feet up and watch something you recorded earlier.

Top Bottom