Wilier E-Adventure Gravel E-Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scaleyback

Veteran
Totally agree. Carbon forks are far better than hauling about cheap, heavy suspension forks. All my bikes including my ebike have carbon forks. Never had any issues

I think that depends on the lay up of the carbon. Not all carbon frames/forks are equal. The cheaper ones can be far less 'forgiving' than alloy.

Please believe that I am not trying to be awkward in writing what follows. I am posing a genuine question.

Isn't an adventure/gravel bike meant for multi day, off road trips? (Dare I call them adventures). How are you going to recharge the battery for the second and subsequent days of your trip?
Sure, you could just be riding a 30 or 40 mile off road day trip, starting and finishing back at your house or car, in which case an adventure or gravel ebike might be a suitable mount. I just can't see how an adventure ebike will work on a trip of several days, which was what I thought adventure bikes were all about......

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Please believe that I am not trying to be awkward in writing what follows. I am posing a genuine question.

Isn't an adventure/gravel bike meant for multi day, off road trips? (Dare I call them adventures). How are you going to recharge the battery for the second and subsequent days of your trip?
Sure, you could just be riding a 30 or 40 mile off road day trip, starting and finishing back at your house or car, in which case an adventure or gravel ebike might be a suitable mount. I just can't see how an adventure ebike will work on a trip of several days, which was what I thought adventure bikes were all about......

Overnighting with an ebike is an extra faff which is one reason why I tend to stick to long day rides.

Carrying the charger solves some of the problems, but careful packing is required.

The charger, or more accurately the cables connected to it, can easily be damaged knocking around in a pannier bag,

OP
OP
Smudge

Smudge

Veteran

Calling a bike an adventure bike, doesn't mean its made or even specifically meant for multi day off road trips. It just means it has some off road capability.
An adventure is what the rider makes it, and that can be as short or as long as the rider wants. Or going anywhere the rider deems an adventure.

Carbon forks are fine, they absorb alot of road buzz. With those tyres it will be a nice comfy ride
I have carbon forks on my ebike and its better than a cheap suspension fork. I think the 40c tires will help more especially if you can run tubeless.

That is quite a good motor - I only have the e6000 and find it more than sufficient, so that should be great and the battery is more than ample at 500.

OP
OP
Smudge

Smudge

Veteran
Not sure, the only Trek ebike they had in there was a hybrid with front suss, but with the front raised for the suspension the riding position was much better for me. The same with the Giant Explore ebike, that fitted me great as well.
But i was hoping to get rigid forks.

Well after looking at and trying quite a few ebikes over the last month or two, then deciding i'd fit a kit, then changing my mind and going back to looking at ready built ebikes again. The options and a lot of choice were doing my head in.
But i kept going back to the Giant Explore E+2 GTS and even though i didn't want front suss, it fitted me perfect and was supremely comfortable. Everything about the bike feels quality. I also liked the Yam motor with 80nm of torque & 500wh batt and the fact it comes with mudguards, rack, kickstand and led lights, which are all nicely integrated.
Only the £2.4K price tag :ohmy: was putting me off. But i found a left over, brand new 19 model for £1,840. Only difference being it has single 42T chainwheel and 4 sensor motor instead of the 6 sensor that Yamaha have put in for this year.
So its a done deal and at least the suss fork has adj damping and hydraulic lockout. Should be here next week.
Preferred the colour scheme on the 19 over the 20 as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom