Will it work? (11 speed question)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
THIS 11 speed chainset on my 10 speed groupset?

I know 11 speed chains are narrower than 10, but is it enough of a difference to make this incompatible with my 10 speed?

I need a cheap compact but I don't want to see the bolts like you do on a Shimano 5750.

What I'm reading suggests it should work fine, but if anyone has any direct experience that would be great.

Ta :notworthy:

Last edited:
@smokeysmoo My wife has a SRAM force 11 speed compact chainset on her otherwise 10 speed bike. No issues whatsoever. Using it as had to be BB30, was assured by the LBS we would never see a issue with it. Note lighter than Shimano equivalent.

OP
OP
smokeysmoo

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
@smokeysmoo My wife has a SRAM force 11 speed compact chainset on her otherwise 10 speed bike. No issues whatsoever. Using it as had to be BB30, was assured by the LBS we would never see a issue with it. Note lighter than Shimano equivalent.
Cheers Harry you old dog :okay:

I don't have any particular preference, it's just that I've always used Shimano, but it does have to be compatible with Hollowtech 2.

FWIW my bike was BB30 as it's a Cannondale but I had no end of problems with the BB so I converted it to HTII :okay:

I run a shimano 11 speed chainset with everything else being 10 speed with no problems, but I did read somewhere that they recommend an 11 speed chain. i was going to wait until mine is worn before changing it.

Top Bottom