Will this work?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

loz

Veteran
Hi guys, have been a lurker here for some time , until now I hadn't had any need to get too greasy... but now I'm doing up a slightly run down tourer.

Could you tell me if these components will work together? I had hoped to find a table somewhere that would show if various parts will work together but have drawn a blank

ok, so the bike is a Jamis Aurora, currently it's a compact double (Campag Veloce , Xenon 9 speed ergos). I'd like to change this to a triple keeping the Ergos as they are.

Can I be sure the Xenon ergos will work with a triple setup? I read something about campg going indexed but couldn't find anything conrete

I was going to get a new Veloce BB (111mm - English??), Campag Champ Triple 9 speed Chainset , a Champ triple front derailleur and a long cage Mirage/Champ rear derailleur

What do you think? is there anything I need to take into account? I guess I'll need to get some tools for removing the BB, any advice?

thanks in advance

MartinC

Über Member
The Xenon shifters will work a triple. You need the new chainset and the front mech. Do you know if your current rear mech is a medium or short length one? You can run a 26 cassette on a triple with a medium length rear mech, you only need the long Champ mech to run a 28 cassette.

OP
OP
loz

loz

Veteran
thanks for the replies guys, i had a rush of blood at the last moment and bought different components but fingers cross it will be hunky dorey

Top Bottom