Willier cento 1 AIR ( road bike )

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SloAdventures

Hello,
I'm looking to buy a new (used) road bike and I've got some questions about this one.
The price is 1700 EUR.
It's from the year 2019. The seller says that in 3 seasons he drove around 6000km with it - is that a lot for it's price?
The bike is made from carbon and has Shimano Ultegra R8000 on it. The cassette is 11 / 32T - is that good for steep climbs(over 20% steep ones)
Do you think is it a good price for it's value?
Thank you.

Attachments

• willier-cento-1-air-slika-40311089.jpg
    willier-cento-1-air-slika-40311089.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 20

berty bassett

Legendary Member
I don’t

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Seems a bit pricey. This is a real balls out race bike. Is that what you want? Ride won't be particularly comfortable on those narrow high pressure tyres. Riding position will be aero and you'll be leaning forward.
Is it your size? This the most important consideration.
That 11-32 could be swapped out for one with a bigger range, but go a lot larger on the low gear and you might have to change the rear derailleur.
Very important with buying used carbon frame bikes check for crash damage and any cracks. Ride it and make sure everything works correctly with clean gear changes. It'll have a press fit BB so listen for any creaking come from there.
Mileage is not a problem if well maintained.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SloAdventures

Seems a bit pricey. This is a real balls out race bike. Is that what you want? Ride won't be particularly comfortable on those narrow high pressure tyres. Riding position will be aero and you'll be leaning forward.
Is it your size? This the most important consideration.
That 11-32 could be swapped out for one with a bigger range, but go a lot larger on the low gear and you might have to change the rear derailleur.
Very important with buying used carbon frame bikes check for crash damage and any cracks. Ride it and make sure everything works correctly with clean gear changes. It'll have a press fit BB so listen for any creaking come from there.
Mileage is not a problem if well maintained.

The size is mine yes, is it pricey to swapp to a bigger range cassett and how much would you consider paying for the bike?

berty bassett

Legendary Member
I’ve had a few wiliers and really like them . When they get the paintwork right it’s a work of art . I would say that I think for 1700 smackers you could get a better secondhand bike more suited for the task you want , lighter and more comfortable . You maybe could get a focus izalco for a fair bit less , and in my opinion a better all round bike for one example

OP
OP
S

SloAdventures

I'm training alone for around 2 and a half years now and I think that I'm ready to get into races - what I mean with races are local ones usually 100 km long or shorter ones which have only 1 main climb on it...

Scrap with that sort of mileage on these days.
You can do a lot better for 1700....

Cycleops

Legendary Member
That's great so you're well suited to the type of bike as an aspiring racer. I wasn't sure if you were.
A replacement cassette wouldn't be expensive maybe around €60/80. You'll need a chain whip and removal nut, so maybe let a shop do it if you don't have.
You'll only be able to go 36t I think with that derailleur. Not sure if you can get that in Ultegra so maybe a lower group.
I'd look over the bike carefully and try to find faults maybe worn tyres scratches etc and quote bike resale bibles to reduce the price to nearer €1000.
Good luck

Top Bottom