Wimped out

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Cycling down to Swanage tomorrow, pootle around the Purbecks friday then ride back saturday.

Was planning on camping at Tom's Field but have wimped out and booked a b&b. Now I'll be annoyed if it doesn't chuck it down and I've spent an extra 120 quid unnecessarily!

jags

Guru
is your tent waterproof :whistle:

jonathanw

Chorlton and the Wheelies
Enjoy the comfort and a hot shower.
Sometimes after a long day in the saddle a warm bed is just what you need. I love B&B touring, especially if there is a pub near the B&B.

Enjoy the comfort and a hot shower.
Sometimes after a long day in the saddle a warm bed is just what you need. I love B&B touring, especially if there is a pub near the B&B.

Same. After a long day on the bike, a choice of pitching a tent somewhere, or getting a nice B&B with good shower, comfortable bed etc... the B&B won every time :smile: In rural Spain i was getting Hostals for 30 euros a night.

Freddyflintstone

1+
Prefer to use me energy in the saddle than struggling to put the tent up
in the Dark, wind & rain.
Also I tend to get cold these days after a few minutes after cycling.
Nice to soak in a hot bath and get into a warm bed, ready for the morning
I wouldn't call it a waste of money

doog

A great area to cycle and although you could do the Isle of Purbeck in one day to stretch it out and take in the sights is great... Corfe to Studland via the back road then back to Swanage before lunch. In the afternoon Swanage up the hill to Langton , then Worth Matravers and kingston Kingston..down Kingston Hill to Corfe and over to Creech...ride back to Corfe for tea.

Top Bottom