Windermere to West Yorkshire ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
once you get to settle, if you go that way, i'd take the roads down to wigglesworth, then over paythorne moor to horton and then on to barnoldswick and laneshaw bridge, that avoids any major climbs and the A65.Wycoller is worth a loook and has a decent cafe.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
piedwagtail91 said:
once you get to settle, if you go that way, i'd take the roads down to wigglesworth, then over paythorne moor to horton and then on to barnoldswick and laneshaw bridge, that avoids any major climbs and the A65.Wycoller is worth a loook and has a decent cafe.
I organised a little CC forum ride recently and we returned via Laneshaw Bridge and called in at Wycoller. Yes, the cafe was nice.

There's a map showing the route back from Laneshaw Bridge and the Wycoller stop here.

Tony

cubby said:
Hi, hope this post is in the correct section,

I'm relativly new to cycling, but have been doing between 30 - 40 miles a week for the last four months on a mountain bike ....

About 5 of us are in the early stages of planning a ride from Windermere (Cumbria) back to West Yorkshire (Halifax) in the summer of 2009,

I know to most of you this will be nothing of a ride, but to us its quite an achievement ...

We are planning on taking it easy and mostly doing it over two days with a half way stop over at a hostel or the likes ...

The ride will be done on moutain bikes not road bikes, so what we are after is any help on the route, we would prefer cycle tracks, bridleways etc rather than the road ...

Can anyone point us in the right direction of maps, routes or any other helpfull tips we may benifit from ?

Thanks in advance ... :smile:

Cubby
Ach, I love this sort of stuff. "Me no worthy"....
You are getting on bikes and riding for the sheer pleasure of getting from one place to another. That makes you a cycle tourist. Welcome!
I will offer the usual advice: have a weekend away by bike before your trip, to see how it all works.
But I will repeat: anyone who gets on a bike to go from A to B is "in the club", so no more self deprecation please.
Just start planning the next trip.......

Top Bottom