Windows 10...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
That's good going. My FIL was very techy, but was all his life, but things started going a bit wrong as he started dying (not that we knew at the time).

Our old PC updated itself, as have a few others said on here. All our other computers, we selected the upgrade, but I know the old PC tried it on it's own. Didn't work though. Only just got 7 to work on it. It's really old bt was a gaming PC ones, but it stores all the old photos with backups, and is the main PC for emails, although we both use phone apps and web email as well to get to the same account.
I'll report back to her so that she knows unsolicited upgrades have been known to happen. Meanwhile, she hasn't mentioned any problems with W10 so I guess it's still doing what she wants it to do (play solitaire mostly).

Goofball

I use GWX Control Panel to remover and keep away the windows 10 upgrade stuff.

http://blog.ultimateoutsider.com/2015/08/using-gwx-stopper-to-permanently-remove.html

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I'll report back to her so that she knows unsolicited upgrades have been known to happen. Meanwhile, she hasn't mentioned any problems with W10 so I guess it's still doing what she wants it to do (play solitaire mostly).
You may have a problem, when I went to 10 ALL the installed Windows games vanished (that was the main reason I reverted to 7) A lot of people were miffed about this at the time so they may have changed things but I for one (having just got used to the switch from XP to 7) went back as did quite a few others.
BTW it's quite easy to swap back, I managed it. :smile:

My only issue so far is the continually disappearing start button and the fact that some apps have stopped working either because of my start button fix or because I use a local account. I find this instability mildly annoying but as windows 10 is going to be the ultimate solution and windows 7 and 8 will eventually fall by the wayside, I may as well persevere and sort it out
The last few updates appear to have stabilised and fixed everything that was broken. Odd behaviour is decreasing and overall, I feel windows 10 is better than 7 and should continue to evolve.

Top Bottom