Winter clothing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi All,as you all know the dark nights are starting to draw in , and the it's starting to get a lot cooler .Im looking for some help in finding some winter cycling gear,I love my bib shorts but have started to feel the cold in the evening when riding does anyone know of any good makes of bib leggings with a good gel pad.i don't want to spend a fortune but I have a budget of around £80 .i don't want to stop riding just because it's cold !!!!!!!!!!!!

sittingbull

Veteran
Maybe use running tights on top of your bib shorts?
Loads of brands available at a range of prices.

Chris-H

Über Member
I've just brought some Ron Hill Classic running tights from Go outdoors and really rate them,went out for a first ride with them over my cycling shorts on Tuesday evening and they were just a little too warm so will be perfect in a couple of weeks when the temperature drops a couple of degrees,very comfy,high vis thin stripe down each leg and all for the princely sum of £12.99.I even got the staff to price check them after i tried them on as i could'nt believe the price.:thumbsup:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Check dnb on wiggle, they probably do something within your budget! else there is always Decathlon.

Personally, I do not feel a need for longs, my legs do not get cold, my feet and hands do though, so good socks and gloves are a must. My chest and throat can get a bit chilly giving me a bit of a cough and forearms get cold too, base layer and some arm warmers takes care of that. I have a buff but I never use it.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
If you do not want something not quite as tight fitting try Ronhill Bikester's. I hate tight fitting things on my legs as they are too thin, but the bikesters are superb. They are not baggy by any means but not really close fitting, they are also pretty warm. They do not have a pad fitted so are ideal to wear over shorts.

OP
OP
Matthew Cooper

Matthew Cooper

Regular
Cheers guys mmy wife willbe so pleased I'm not spending a fortune on more cycling gear,will have to see if my wife has any wool rib tights lol

Top Bottom