Winter gloves for sweaty hands

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PoweredByVeg

Über Member
Can anyone recommend some winter gloves that wick away sweat quite well?

The ones I'm using at the moment just get saturated with sweat then get cold:sad:

I even weighed my saturated gloves after a 100k audax, they were holding 85 grammes of sweat, yuk:eek:

Anyone else get the same problem?

Yes, and I find the solution is to avoid any glove with a 'membrane' ie Windstopper, GoreTex etc - they simply can't cope with the moisture, and, as you say, the inner lining gets saturated, goes cold etc. I now use a 'windproof' glove, that is to say a tightly woven fabric, not a membrane. Granted, its not waterproof, but then I'm not commuting and that doesn't worry me. I've been really pleased with my Sealskinz Windproof cycle glove - thin, windproof, warm but not too warm and very breathable. Reasonably priced and well made.
www.sealskinz.com/cycling/road/windproof-cycle-glove

al-fresco

Growing older but not up...
This winter I've found 'proper' winter gloves too sweaty so I've been using my Endura Full Monty's for a lot of the time. Really a spring/autumn glove but this winter is more like spring/autumn I reckon. Evans have them for £9.99 atm.

PpPete

Legendary Member
Aldi's winter gloves are a bit sweaty. I start off with them, then change to the Lidl ones after about 30 minutes when I've warmed up. If I start with the Lidl ones my hands never warm up.
Cheapskate? moi?

BSRU

A Human Being
This time of year I wear Altura Night Vision windproof gloves and if too cold I also wear some Icebreaker merino wool glove liners, no problems with sweaty hands.

Norm

If your hands are that sweaty, is there a chance that your gloves are too warm? My hands never sweat and I generally just use fingerless mitts.

doctornige

Expensive, but Castelli Super Nano in the Rosso Corsa range are all leather so breathe well and are not over insulated. Downside is a slim fit and no closure so a wriggle to get on.

Lard Armstrong

Veteran
I recently bought Sealskinzs, waterproofing = good, warmth = not good. They are also get sweaty, so I have gone back to my Gore bikewear gloves, not waterproof, but not sweaty and warm enough if it is not freezing.

Bon chance.

Top Bottom