Winter jacket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
right-dont go for a softshell. It will be far too hot for you. I use a fairly cheap Planet X Biemme top. Slightly fleecy but thin. Worn all last winter with either one or 2 combo of baselayers. Or an old Altura autumn jacket and, as above,with layer combos.

If I was buying something now I would go for something like a Sugoi, Castelli etc.
I was thinking gabba in yellow, long sleeve.............

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Will take a look vic

400bhp

Guru
I was thinking gabba in yellow, long sleeve.............

was reading sommat a few weeks ago that was saying a particular jacket was better than the gabba, so must have been v good. Was on road cc IIRC.

Gabba is the go to jacket for sure.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

was reading sommat a few weeks ago that was saying a particular jacket was better than the gabba, so must have been v good. Was on road cc IIRC.

Gabba is the go to jacket for sure.
I have a short sleeve blue one.........which is good, so as its 35% off the yellow one at wiggle with 3% topcash back i might hit the button that

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Decathlon's winter jacket - I can't use it over freezing its that warm with one base layer.

Jowwy, you'll hate this..........., but the Aldi soft shells are good down to below freezing (my winter commute). I also have an Altura Soft Shell that's just as good, but was more expensive.

Soft shells work well as there is a membrane on the front facing surfaces, some are on the back too. I run hot !

bpsmith

Veteran
I have a short sleeve blue one.........which is good, so as its 35% off the yellow one at wiggle with 3% topcash back i might hit the button that
Tempted by this at present. Either in Blue or the usual Black:

http://m.probikekit.co.uk/sports-cl...2-convertible-jacket-drive-blue/10989191.html

Or there's this:

http://m.probikekit.co.uk/sports-cl...ve-wind/rain-jersey-yellow-fluo/10989212.html

The convertible one is called a Jacket, but the normal long sleeve is called a Jersey. Wonder if there is any difference? Aside from sleeves obviously.

Citius

Jowwy, you'll hate this..........., but the Aldi soft shells are good down to below freezing (my winter commute). I also have an Altura Soft Shell that's just as good, but was more expensive.

I agree about the Aldi softshells - and I also agree that he would definitely hate them - but they are pretty much useless in anything higher than -10deg. They are just too warm for almost any type of riding.

mythste

Veteran
I managed to get a vulpine softshell on sale last year for about £120, can't recommend it enough - I've gone for the grey which whilst not officially reflective, does show up well in headlights. Lots of nice reflective detailing though.

roryo07

The Gore Element SO Jacket can be picked up for around £100 - Good protection and very comfy....Would most definitely recommend it for commuting! http://www.tgstore.co.uk/element-jacket-p-6253.html

Top Bottom