Winter Jacket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

orzabal

Hi, just back into cycling after many years away. I am looking for some advice in respect of a good cycling jacket for the winter, I appreciate it may be over £100 but some information would be appreciated. Thanks

BSRU

A Human Being
I rode through the winter wearing an Altura Night Vision windproof jacket, adding baselayers when required.
On the few very cold mornings, -9 or -10, I wore my Altura Night Vision waterproof jacket on top of my windproof.

Nebulous

Guru
I have a Cropton windproof that I got free with a cycling plus subscription - and like it, but I'm concerned about rain, particularly when commuting.

I've just bought this from EBC sale:- Protective I have no idea what it's like, but it seems light and well made so far.

gbb

Legendary Member
Altura Nevis does it for me. I don't know how much different it is from the Nightvision, i did wonder if the Nighvision was the same with more reflectives...i'm waffling :biggrin: ...anyway, my Nevis has done 3 years winter commuting and riding, still going now and does the job handsomely.

I have a Cropton, well i did until the zip went quite quickly. Nice light jacket (its not very waterproof at all), but i do feel the cold and couldnt see myself using it as a winter jacket. Horses for courses and all that...

PJ79LIZARD

Über Member
Endura gridlock, fantastic warm jacket, but breathable, I came off at over 20 mph and can vouch for the stop rip material, just a few small holes off the Tarmac. For the money you can't go wrong.

Jonathing

Über Member
I have a Team Sky winter jacket. The proper addidas one and it is the dogs, fleece lined, windproof, shower proof and race-cut too. They're in the region of £150 but the addidas outlet store here is doing them for £75 and worth every penny IMHO.

You do have to get used to advertising Murdoch's evil empire where ever you go but it's a small price to pay.

Wardy

I can highly recommend the Paramo Velez Smock. Cost me £190 but well worth it. Good front map pocket and side zipped ventilation. Very comfortable.

Top Bottom