Winter Jersey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Longshot

I need to stock up on a couple of cold weather long sleeved jerseys for the coming months. I don't really want to spend a fortune on clothing so have been looking around the 'value' brands.

Does anyone have any experience of the following?

1. Decathlon Insulat LS Jersey
2. Tenn Men's winter weight jersey
3. More Mile winter cycling jersey
4. Merida Autumn/Winter long sleeved top

Any advice or experience would be helpful!

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Not familiar with any of those. BUT, get yourself a couple of Merino base layers, to wear under your jerseys. Arm and leg warmers made from Roubaix fabric are very nice too, Wiggle sell some under the dhb brand that are pretty good and a fair price. I tend to favour a warm base layer, short sleeve jersey and some arm warmers over a long sleeve jersey. More versatile and IME, warmer than a LS jersey unless you spend a fair chunk on some nice Roubaix (fleecy inner) jersey with windstopper fabric on the front and forearms.

musa

Über Member
ive got tenn winter jersey, ime very good however depending on long your commute is, youll be warm or too warm when you get to work

other option is as mentioned, arm warmers or a ls baselayer and a gilet on top

OP
OP
Longshot

Longshot

Not familiar with any of those. BUT, get yourself a couple of Merino base layers, to wear under your jerseys. Arm and leg warmers made from Roubaix fabric are very nice too, Wiggle sell some under the dhb brand that are pretty good and a fair price. I tend to favour a warm base layer, short sleeve jersey and some arm warmers over a long sleeve jersey. More versatile and IME, warmer than a LS jersey unless you spend a fair chunk on some nice Roubaix (fleecy inner) jersey with windstopper fabric on the front and forearms.

Thanks - I'll take a look at that option.

amaferanga

Veteran
Prendas Touch jersey

Not super cheap, but superb quality and a proper road-fit (not baggy like the cheapo ones tend to be). They call it a jacket, but it's more like a jersey and good for anything less than about 10 degrees (though it's a bit warm for me at 10 degrees if unless I'm taking it easy). With a good warm baselayer and bibtights it's probably good for <0 degrees as well.

Berties

Fast and careful!
i bought a endura long sleeve merano and a set of arm and leg warmers,and that keeps me warm for the winter,but i do have a mega soft shell removable sleeves and a endura stealth

amaferanga

Veteran
If you don't already have a windproof gilet and roubaix arm warmers then I'd recommend those over a long sleeve jersey though. Much more flexible and with a decent long sleeve baselayer and just a regular short sleeve jersey, the gilet + arm warmers will be good down to a few degrees.

Top Bottom