winter training

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gypsy

hi everyone,
whats the best training to do over winter all i have is a full suss untill xmas when i get my road bike?

Broadside

Guru
Just put in the miles on your mountain bike until you get your road bike, when you jump on a road bike then you will fly. I trained on a 20 year old mountain bike for 6 months before getting a road bike, you will enjoy the new bike all the more by being fit when it arrives.

WychwoodTrev

I am going back to my Giant Yukon MTB hard tail cheap jobbie in the bad weather fantastic fun and great training as it is not the lightest

Ride enjoy and HAVE FUN :biggrin:

The more training miles in the winter the bigger your smiles in the summer :biggrin:

OP
OP
G

gypsy

I am going back to my Giant Yukon MTB hard tail cheap jobbie in the bad weather fantastic fun and great training as it is not the lightest

Ride enjoy and HAVE FUN :biggrin:

The more training miles in the winter the bigger your smiles in the summer :biggrin:

ye mines a giant yukon fx3 full suss it did weight about 39llb so i stripped it and rebuilt it with different parts it now weights 27.23 llbs its a brilliant ride and a good weight for the trails but find it a bit hard on road doing long distances.

OP
OP
G

gypsy

Just put in the miles on your mountain bike until you get your road bike, when you jump on a road bike then you will fly. I trained on a 20 year old mountain bike for 6 months before getting a road bike, you will enjoy the new bike all the more by being fit when it arrives.

thanx for that i think il start doing more road work in the week and trail blazing at the weekend then roll on xmas.

Top Bottom