Wireless brakes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wades

I think i'll pass...!
ohmy.gif

They mention in the article that it could incorporate an ABS-type system. Would this actually be of any use to anyone? I don't really have any problems opening and closing my hand but would it be an advantage to maybe hardcore mountain bikers and the like?

mchunt

As much as cables are old fashioned I think I will pass also.

Going out on a group ride could be fun, chances of two people having the same braking frequency could be quite high.

I also notice the other story linked from that page about electronic gear shifting

Whatever happened to Suntour's BEAST?I remember seeing that in the Kitching catalogue back in the day and thinking "wow!" :biggrin:

Norm

They mention in the article that it could incorporate an ABS-type system. Would this actually be of any use to anyone? I don't really have any problems opening and closing my hand but would it be an advantage to maybe hardcore mountain bikers and the like?
IIRC, ABS is a disadvantage on loose surfaces (such as gravel, mud and snow) as a locked wheel stops faster than one which spins at the edge of traction.

If that is the case, ABS would not be of any more use to MTBers than it is to enduro and moto-x motorbikes.

Love the image of Gaz and other you-tubers being able to jam the brakes on to all the RLJers that try and pass them at lights though :biggrin:

OP
OP
snailracer

snailracer

Über Member
Love the image of Gaz and other you-tubers being able to jam the brakes on to all the RLJers that try and pass them at lights though :biggrin:
Or bike thieves getting launched over the bars as the owners take control using "iBrake" apps :biggrin:

Top Bottom