Wiring disgram

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gazza19

Can anyone help me please on how to wire this back up properly it’s been botched and want to do it right

Attachments

• 8BEEB176-B9B7-487D-B829-5D24515A35AD.jpeg
    8BEEB176-B9B7-487D-B829-5D24515A35AD.jpeg
    86.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 36CD5B7F-1BBE-4E64-944A-F1373A3EF046.jpeg
    36CD5B7F-1BBE-4E64-944A-F1373A3EF046.jpeg
    87.8 KB · Views: 12

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Give us a clue?

OP
OP
gazza19

gazza19

I'm going to guess at some dodgy homebrew e-bike.

Which given the propensity for badly wired li ion batteries to spontaneously combust would not fill me with confidence....
it is a proper ebike with controller and throttle and brakes just want to rewire it up proprly from the ignition to where all the wires go including the fuse

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
OK....
First off. Does it currently work?
If not then no offence, but the photo doesn't really help.

If it's working, but you're worried about the quality of the wiring/connections then it's somewhat simpler.

Is start by replacing any cable with a joint midway. Go back to the end point conections and remake with soldered or properly crimped connections. Use proper heat shrink to seal the ends and lose the electrical tape.

However, if you're not familiar with wiring or wielding a soldering iron I would strongly suggest you get some professional advice/help. There's been a spate of house fires caused by li-ion batteries.. They're notorious for issues if shorted, and once alight are bastard hard to extinguish.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
it is a proper ebike with controller and throttle
What's the bike?
does anyone know who could do it cheap
There's a bloke down the pub I know who does cheap wiring jobs, just ask for Fireball Mick!

Last edited:

CXRAndy

Guru
Can anyone help me please on how to wire this back up properly it’s been botched and want to do it right
It looks like wires have been extended with different colours, connected with screw block connectors wrapped in pvc insulating tape.

Where does the brown bare ended wire go?

It looks like from the photos and assuming there is no major fault, that new connectors will tidy the job up. Probably best to go with soldered joints heat shrink and the correct gauge of wires, to redo the job more tidily.

OP
OP
gazza19

gazza19

It looks like wires have been extended with different colours, connected with screw block connectors wrapped in pvc insulating tape.

Where does the brown bare ended wire go?

It looks like from the photos and assuming there is no major fault, that new connectors will tidy the job up. Probably best to go with soldered joints heat shrink and the correct gauge of wires, to redo the job more tidily.
one goes from the battery to the fuse and the other to the ignition

CXRAndy

Guru
By ignition, do you mean on off switch?

If that is the the case, it would look like like I initially said, a tidying up of wire and remake the connections with soldered joints etc

Top Bottom