wont shift in to big ring...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

semaj

So I went out today, and tried to shift into the big front ring and it wouldnt 'latch' it was getting on about 1/6th of the teeth but kept falling off.

I noticed that when it was in the little ring, it was scrapping (scrape not scrap not sure on spelling). I clicked as if to shift down and it moved the front deraillier and reduced the noise. but it was still scrapping.

I was wondering if it was the shifter cable that has stretched and whether pulling a bit more through at the deraillier end??

as you can probably tell, I'm not too clued up on the names of parts, or what to do, any advice would be appriciated.

I am Spartacus

Über Member
Google Front derailleur adjustment and take a look at the tips... Park Tool website for instance

OP
OP
S

semaj

had a play around with it after looking at few youtube videos, (stops, waits considers revising the last statment due to inuendo, but carries on regardless).

in the end i managed to make it worse, so i took it up to a LBS and they put it at the back of the Q, seems everyone wants to ride their bike cos the tours on!!

Garz

Squat Member
Never mind james, at least the lbs should make it smooth as a baby's when its done!

Top Bottom