Work Hack

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I love this site. Most people's "hacks" look several times more fancy than my good bike :biggrin:

OP
OP
Cubist

Cubist

Still wavin'
To be fair I was pulling a leg or two when I called it a hack. I'm so chuffed with the bikes that i just had to show them off.

I recently secured funding for a fleet of six bikes for my team at work. The Acid came out on top in terms of componentry for the money given the budget I had. LBS did a bazzin' deal on the bikes plus all the necessary extras, and the team are as pleased as punch. Lucky me!

OP
OP
Cubist

Cubist

Still wavin'
Young Un said:
Ah cool, just make sure your guys don't ride on the pavements. It really annoys me when I see the coppers cycling on the pavements.:tongue:

Steve

Please feel free to point out the error of their ways. :thumbsup:...... but don't forget there may be a good operational reason to cycle on the pavement!

Will1985

Über Member
Cubist said:
don't forget there may be a good operational reason to cycle on the pavement!

Young Un - they're actually running a sting operation: you see them riding on the pavement so you think it is ok to do it yourself and then they'll catch you for it :tongue:

RedBike

You'll probably be wanting to undertake a few changes, a set of slick tyres, a blue light?

With all that extra kit, off-road tyres and protective clothing you'll soon get fit!

OP
OP
Cubist

Cubist

Still wavin'
Crackle said:
Ex-hackly how good is your good bike?

Oh very good!

I won't know until I unwrap it in a few hours time. Santa appears to have left a large bike-shaped object in my stocking while I was at work tonight. I've just got in and can't wait........

OP
OP
Cubist

Cubist

Still wavin'
RedBike said:
You'll probably be wanting to undertake a few changes, a set of slick tyres, a blue light?

With all that extra kit, off-road tyres and protective clothing you'll soon get fit!

Slicks are for people who aren't tough enough to grind around on knobblies:ohmy:....... and anyway our latest project has involved patrolling the Sustrans routes for burglars. They're all bordered by tracks and paths, so I have insisted we hone our off-road skills during the slack times:becool:

Top Bottom