Working Lunch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

monnet

Guru
It takes a bit of organisation but I usually manage to have a fairly varied lunch menu without having to go for sandwiches. My staples are:
- Mackerel or roll mops with noodles with crunchy (very quick to put together)
- Soups (make a big pan of it and eat it everyday or freeze it and have different ones each day. Warm them up and take them in to work in a Thermos.)
- Pasta (as above)
- Home made falafel (I have it in pitta bread with salad but there's no reason not to have it with no pitta.
-Potato salad

I also quite often look at my dinner and think, 'this would be ok cold tomorrow I'll make a touch more and that can be lunch.' At first I found it hard to get out of the sarnie routine but it's just getting into a creative mindset. I also like to have something different most days, which is fine as I can just freeze stuff (and defrost it the night before) so there's always something different to eat.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Two powerful coffees, a grain bar and a couple of bananas? OK, I do have a major hatred of couscous, and shopping in general. Sorry.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Couscous is good as is quinola (sp?) - chuck in cucumber, sundried toms, olives, feta, etc.
You could make a loaf such as cashew nut and carrot, tastes great cold and is v. filling.
Scotch eggs are another good one.
I quite like pumkin seed Ryvita or the Finnish rye crisp bread too.

Starving now... ;)

mr Mag00

rising member
for cous cous, quinola also read bulgar wheat. you can cut into this cooked sausage, chorizo, chicken, veg, peaes sweetcorn, grated carrot etc etc the variation is endless but at time this too gets a tad boring I guess 5 days in row of anything get tedious.

lol got a kettle? pot noodle!

Shrimp_Stu

Sushi? I get the £3 Tesco medium fish/veg selection and this fills me up......although admittedly I've not partaken in this for a few weeks and a bottle of wine has been more appealing at lunchtime!!!

(Note to myself, stop binging and thinking about the weekend heavier rides!!)

Top Bottom