Workstand ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PpPete

Legendary Member
Anybody used one of these?
Are they any good?

or would this be better?

I know the Park one is going to be OK - but I'm worried about rust long tern as it's steel whereas the Coyote is Aluminium

Hate the Park stand, it's a finger biter and doesn't adjust high enough if you clamp the seat post (which you should, rather than a frame tube).

I use a Tacx Pro on the road, light, easy to adjust and goes up nice and high.

I have had a Park Tool work stand for 3 years and it has been grate it was just after being used for 9 months in the work shop full time ( which it is not meant for ) did one of the welds start to go. So as a work stand for home grate, for a full time workshop work stand no not that good.

mickle said:
Hate the Park stand, it's a finger biter and doesn't adjust high enough if you clamp the seat post (which you should, rather than a frame tube).

I use a Tacx Pro on the road, light, easy to adjust and goes up nice and high.

And I could not get on with the Tacx pro

But it is lighter

dodgy

mickle said:

That's a nice looking bit of kit, Mickle. Do you own one? I currently have a Park stand, it's about 12 or 13 years old now and not telescopic or foldable. I was looking at the Park PRS15 (a lot of money, but I do like quality kit) and hadn't until now considered the Tacx.

What do you think of it?
Cheers,
Dave.

dodgy said:
That's a nice looking bit of kit, Mickle. Do you own one? I currently have a Park stand, it's about 12 or 13 years old now and not telescopic or foldable. I was looking at the Park PRS15 (a lot of money, but I do like quality kit) and hadn't until now considered the Tacx.

What do you think of it?
Cheers,
Dave.

No I don't own one but I did buy one for work for when I do Dr Bike and I've used it a lot. It goes taller than the Park, is lighter, has a larger footprint, is easier to set up and won't bite your fingers like the Park can. My only criticism is that the plastic rotation adjuster handle isn't very robust but considering the abuse our kit goes through I'll forgive the fact that it broke when someone knocked the stand over when it was supporting a tandem. It's a great stand for home use. And it comes with a very nifty handlebar holder which I use every day at work on my Kestrel workshop stand.

dodgy

Cheers, the handlebar holder is a nice bonus, I was expecting to pay out another £10 or so on one anyway.

Top Bottom