Workstand

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

barongreenback

Über Member
I'm fed up of working on my bike by leaning up against a low wall, which means the frame is picking up unsightly scrapes and scratches. I don't have a garage so limited to working out in the garden - is there a freestanding option that doesn't cost the best part of £100? My bike is an XL Specialized Sirrus so quite a weighty beast. Thanks.

aberal

Guru
Lidl apparently do one for about 30 quid, but you have to find out when it goes on offer as its only for sale for a week or so at a time.

I'm fed up of working on my bike by leaning up against a low wall, which means the frame is picking up unsightly scrapes and scratches. I don't have a garage so limited to working out in the garden - is there a freestanding option that doesn't cost the best part of £100? My bike is an XL Specialized Sirrus so quite a weighty beast. Thanks.

Its not perfect but I use something like this mini workstand for most small jobs.

P.H

Über Member
The cheapest of the full size usable workstands I've seen is made by Union.  It gets rebranded as several other names but it's the same stand, Bike Hand, Bike Tool and a couple of others.  Cheapest at the moment seems to be from Ribble and they're often new on Ebay;

http://www.ribblecyc...ORK200000000000

There was a thread about them recently, worth a search.  I use one it's OK and well worth the money.  The mini stands that just lift the rear wheel are better than nothing, though you're still limited to what jogs you can do and you;re still bending down to do just about anything, as HLaB says not perfect.

The ones sold by Aldi are excellent - only £29.00 and have a 3 year warranty and carry the German TUV standard, so are much better than the price would suggest.

I would have happily paid £60 for this if I had not known the price.

Unfortunately, they are only on offer from time to time and most of them are purchased in bulk and appear on EBay for twice the price!

It may be worthwhile getting the cheap one mentioned by the other poster and keep an eye on the Aldi website for upcoming 'specials'.

Coco

I got one of these from e-bay. I'm sure the seller (not this one) was a well known bike shop, but for the life of me I can't remember who. I'll ponder over it during lunch.

Top Bottom