Workstands

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Attachments

• i_want_that_one.jpg
    i_want_that_one.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 36

jonathanw

Chorlton and the Wheelies
I use the park tools one (perhaps a tad more expensive) - very versatile and stable even with fully laden touring bike on it

They all do pretty much the same thing though

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=5787

Scousegaz

And looking at the other stands they all look as if they could topple over any minute !! This stand is so adaptable, you can change all the angles including that of the clamp to enable you to mount your bike on it using the seat post aswel as the crossbar for the more delicate carbon frames and the four legs open right out for total stability which is not shown in the pictures. I would recommend this stand to everybody in the market for a workstand, and no I dont work for jimmenzies lol :laugh:

Nebulous

Guru
Well I have the EBC one and really like it. I paid more than that for it as well. I also bought the tool tray.

It has quick release fasteners, just like on an axle, meaning it goes up and down with the minimum of fuss. I'm not sure it would be suitable for daily use, but on an occasional basis it is great.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
At £50 I'd say the Edinburgh Bike one is a good deal, we've had one for years and it's had loads of use without any problems.

As Nebulous says, the QR system is really handy - easy to set up and easy to adjust.

Enw.nigel

Scousegaz said:
Try this one, I purchased it on ebay and its a great stand, very rigid with great balance, folds away quite compact and a great price
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150544733103?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 :pump:
This is exactly the same as the Lidl workstand but a lot more expensive :whistle:. If you can wait for them to come up on sale again get down early to avoid disappointment :becool:

+1.
I bought this at Lidl for under £30

Scousegaz

This is exactly the same as the Lidl workstand but a lot more expensive :whistle:. If you can wait for them to come up on sale again get down early to avoid disappointment :becool:.

Okay okay you guys have obviously found a better bargain than I did but Lidl only ever have those sales on for a very limited period. I first set eyes on this stand on ebay and compared to the other stands on the market the £46 I paid was still a bargain in my eyes. We can all sit back hoping Lidl have a sale on something that may never happen :boxing:

Top Bottom