Worst commute ever

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
After months of relatively hassle free commuting, the following happened tonight:

1 Very near left hook by a NightFreight lorry. He pulled up half way along me, I saw the indicators and managed to stop as he turned across me.

2 Two cars pulled out past a wide-parked bus at a stop, nearly had to go up the kerb.

3 Car pulled out from right as i went past, nearly had me when he realised there was a bollard island he had to squeeze past.

So paranoid by now i went down the bumpy white lines and roadkill down the dual carriageway, then down the overgrown footpath that runs alongside it.

Not sure if the first incident amplified the rest, which i wouldn't normally have given much thought.

I guess sometimes a ride's just not meant to be.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
That's one nasty commute - hope you've recovered and glad you escaped unscathed !

You've proved that bad things always come in threes, so you should be quite safe now :tongue:

I can still never work out why anyone thinks you've suddenly vanished because they've pulled alongside you, so they can safely cut back in. Is it a throwback to behaviour from babyhood, where kids think something no longer exists if moves out of their line of sight ? Perhaps they have some strange psychological problem where they failed to get past that development stage ?

OP
OP
upsidedown

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
BentMikey said:
DId you get the NightFreight lorry's details, because I would report that.

No didn't get his number, but noted the exact time and location of the industrial estate he was going into.

Funny thing was, on the way in to work i'd had my faith in drivers boosted when a clapped out mini-cab at a left junction waited for me to come about 200 yards and pass him before he pulled out right, and a Transit waited at a pull in space on a single width lane. Only needed a Mitsubishi Warrior to pass me at a distance of more than 1.5cm to make it a fantasy commute.

Top Bottom