worst moment on tour.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This is always a bummer!:

endofroad.jpg

Really puts a crink on your day when the only way around is a 20 mile diversion that involves cycling on a motorway! Still all fun ;)

rich p

ridiculous old lush
onlineamiga said:
This is always a bummer!:

endofroad.jpg

Really puts a crink on your day when the only way around is a 20 mile diversion that involves cycling on a motorway! Still all fun ;)

That can be a bummer but it's counter-balanced by the number of times I've travelled on traffic free roads through 'Road closed' sections.

I also used an out of date map once in France where the road I was on ended up at a newly built motorway!

Well the road had collapsed due to serious heavy rainfall we've been experiencing down on the Costa Del Sol. Although a country road, it is a main 20km road between the towns of Sotogrande and Castellar. And being typical Spain, there were no signs when you get onto it to say it is impassable! So despite getting half way to Castellar, it was a total U Turn back to Sotogrande!! ;)

Except I didnt do that. I found an alternative way across.. a rather muddy alternative but I did it :biggrin:

Echolalia

Veteran
Cycling away from Gdov in Russia, to be arrested by the Russian Army for trespassing. Spent four hours in an army barracks, guilty till proven innocent. All because an old man I asked directions from in the city Gdov, thought I had passed into Russia through Lake Pepsi. I looked him in the eye in the army barracks, shook his hand and said "Thanks". What a loyal citizen. Still cycled about 120 miles to Saint Petersburg through the night in one hit in torrential rain. Approaching the city was a nightmare, 4 lane motorways with turn-offs. Boo!

http://10inchessoft.wordpress.com/2009/08/11/drexciyans-on-route-e20-to-piter/

Top Bottom