Worth it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That bike's got to be quite a few years old, as the Roubaix has been carbon for some time. If it's only been used a few times, it's odd that the factory supplied Shimano chainset has been switched for FSA SLK. That's a better set of cranks as they're carbon. I wouldn't trust the history the seller is giving in the auction.

It all seems a bit dodgy.

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
It did not sell I think because it is a) old shape, probably 2005 vintage, and b) it is winter. I wouldn't consider the starting price outrageous given its stated condition.

From the seller's standpoint, if he was prepared to sell for £449 (starting price), and if you are in contact with him he "should" be willing to take £400 (because although norty selling outside ebay having attracted your attention through it he would escape 10% sales fees and listing fees refunded if any). Probably worth negotiating and a try for size, if you are interested.

Whether you should be interested only you can tell I think, depending also on the vintage and condition of your Dolce in comparison.

RecordAceFromNew

Swinging Member
That bike's got to be quite a few years old, as the Roubaix has been carbon for some time. If it's only been used a few times, it's odd that the factory supplied Shimano chainset has been switched for FSA SLK. That's a better set of cranks as they're carbon. I wouldn't trust the history the seller is giving in the auction.

It all seems a bit dodgy.

It seems at least some used to come with fsa chainsets.

Paul.G.

Just a bloke on a bike!
Just had a quick look on Halfords at the Voodoo Limba, only review I can see is from 2009, it says the bike is fitted with half decent kit which includes an FSA groupset but wheels are not of the highest quality but you could always upgrade later.

Top Bottom