Worth upgrading to road bikes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Reefcat

Reefcat

According to the tracking, the bikes have gone from Belfast-Gatwick & are currently in Brussels, should be here next Tuesday :smile: The pedals though are coming via a different carrier, no idea where they are...

al-fresco

Growing older but not up...
You can always swap the pedals off your existing bikes - just remember that one of them will be a lefthand thread!

OP
OP
Reefcat

Reefcat

We've had the Cubes for a couple of weeks now & we're both enjoying them immensely. My wife managed to fall off hers the first time she got on it. A clipping in problem on the steep hilly bit outside our house. She & the bike were fine and she's now loving it. We have both managed personal bests on some of our regular hills since getting them, so very pleased with our progress so far.

I'm finding mine feels a bit too long at the moment, but that may just mean I have to get used to the riding position. Still tweaking saddle height & position to try & find the most comfortable fit. We haven't tried a "long" ride yet, but weather permitting we hope to have a go in the coming weeks. Overall, very happy that we decided to go for new bikes. Our favourite country cafe is only 10k away from here, so will be looking for creative routes to ensure that we get a bit more mileage in :smile:

al-fresco

Growing older but not up...
I'm finding mine feels a bit too long at the moment, but that may just mean I have to get used to the riding position. Still tweaking saddle height & position to try & find the most comfortable fit. We haven't tried a "long" ride yet, but weather permitting we hope to have a go in the coming weeks. Overall, very happy that we decided to go for new bikes. Our favourite country cafe is only 10k away from here, so will be looking for creative routes to ensure that we get a bit more mileage in :smile:

As a rule of thumb my bikes fit when I can't see the hub of the front wheel from my normal riding position because it's hidden by the handlebars. If it's too short the hub appears rearwards of the bars, too long and the hub appears in front of the bars. Fortunately I've never had a bike where the size couldn't fixed by changing the handlebar stem. As a temporary measure you could try rotating the bars upwards slightly. If that improves things you probably need a shorter stem.

Passifid

Regular
Absoloutely, i moved from a 11 year old(but serviced) Ridgeback MX2 to a FELT Z7 for £604 at wiggle(only 58cms and 61 at wiggle still though so 6 foot at up!) and zoom zoom zooom everywhere, especially up hills. however the harshness of the ride was a surprise but its sooooo awesome

Top Bottom