would like to say a big thank you to my local police!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jack smith

Veteran
so after some idiot decided to put drawing pins in my tyres today just before i had to cycle the 16 mile back to my other halfs ( as if that wasnt bad enough sat sorting them in the dark) tonight i had a run in with a chav in a suped up deathtrap that ended up with me smacking into the curb and popping my tyre, after faffing on for a few minutes a car pulled along side me at the roundabout and the driver offered me assistance, turns out the guy was an undercover officer that offered me a lift right to my door! couldnt thank him enough as i was 7 miles from home at half 10 pm in shorts and cleats with both spare tubes used ( still had patches) turns out he was actually heading to my street to investigate tyre slashing...( coincidence) my area isnt actually rough either lol!!! LIFE SAVER!! they arent all bad ;)

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
They are a very long way from all bad.

OP
OP
jack smith

jack smith

Veteran
I may have worded that wrong, that wasn't my opinion, I've got a lot of respect for them, I'm even studying uniformed public services at the mo before I go back with the army, I just always hear people bitching about them, I couldn't thank the guy enough!

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
2917640 said:
Hell no, but that is why the tiny number who disappoint are so disappointing.
My interactions last summer have gone a long way to restoring some of my faith in those tasked with policing the roads.

young Ed

Veteran
i think the police are great never had much to do with them but am interested in law my self

probably a year or 2 back now when i wasn't into cycling for the fun of it only commuting i used to pull into a lay by opposite my drive which is on the other side of the road just to let the traffic past and then ride over as i was stopped in this lay by one day a marked police car just on patrol i think stopped and asked if i was okay and did i want a lift somewhere. as it was all was good and i just pointed to my drive and said sorry no but thanks for asking! :biggrin:
Cheers Ed

Top Bottom