Would you pay me?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I think this is probably not the best place to ask this question as most on here are either fit or motivated enough to be doing it themselves as you did.

Theres a huge industry of weight control and motivational speakers. Dont sell yourself short Gaz you are a very rare commodity , the ultimate motivational success story despite your food problems which I am sure you can overcome in time.

screenman

Legendary Member
For a trial run you would not need to invest much money, hire a local village hall and advertise like mad. Flyers, post office windows, local paper write up (they love and need stories and are free).

Plan out what you intend to do and get a few helpers in.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Do plan to motivate the obese to buy a bike and start riding to work? OR are you planning on leading a bi weekly 5 miler? It seems that knowing your eating issue this is what you bring to the table?

If I was starting it I would seriously consider buying investing in some bikes and various helmets and try and get people hooked on cycling, it would give you in my opinion a serious USP in the current niche market. Most people over weight or not, are Gym shy it would be a perfect solution. I got back in to cycling purely by chance in the summer of 2009 holidaying in France when my kids kept on and on about hiring some bikes, within 3 days I was hooked. Within 20 months I am 3 stone lighter.

I can picture the quarter page adverts in the local papers with your before and after pictures, I think you could do ok to be honest.

I would have to consider the liabilty part and look in to insurance etc but I would guess you could get around some of it with a form and the weekly diet club charge could incorporate a bike hire agreement.

The core benefit to cycling is that you can progress at your own pace and your weekly led rides would serve as an appetizer.

Of course this is probably nothing like what you are thinking of doing, but in your shoes it would be the way I would tackle it. Of course you will never make a living form one club, but if you could get it going locally seven nights a week you might have an earner :biggrin:

Hicky

Guru
I'd be very weary risking my own cash......then again it isnt my cash.

I have friends who work in BMF within Manchester and without the financial backing of the company on the whole they wouldnt have a job.

A close friend started a buisness offering exersize/nutritional advise, he has a degree in sports science , REPS to a high level and countless quals in different areas of fitness for variety......two years later he's starting to see a profit ( I might add this isnt his main income).

The market is flooded with WW/Slimming world classes.

Without the financial risk, I'd say why not give it a go.

Anyone who spent five mins reading your blog couldnt fail to be seriously impressed with what you've achieved.

screenman

Legendary Member
To add something else to this, the secret to success in business is to sell, sell, sell and more selling. The guys that fail are the one's who do not, yep you guessed it.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I wouldn't (not that I need to lose weight). I reckon that Weightwatchers have been at it a long time, their points system is easy to follow, and the record-keeping side of it is brilliant. The rest would be up to me, but I'd take heart from the assurance that their experience brought to the task.

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Thanks everyone for your comments, suggestions and guidance

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Go for it. I for one would buy it :smile:

Firs to commit :-)

I'll sign your copy for being the first to "Officially agree"
biggrin.gif

Bluebell72

Hi, I watched your video on Youtube from the link on here, and read some of the blog, your achievements are unbelievable, I hope you're proud!

This is a guy local to me who has been in the media a lot lately, and has turned his life around, where he is now motivating others to lose weight and change their lives (note he lost less weight than you!)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/6547659.stm

and

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.uk/news/city-s-big-loser/article-2454341-detail/article.html

(I believe he's now a personal trainer)

And put me down for a book too please! :thumbsup:

Top Bottom