Would you wear one of these?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
http://www.fastcoexist.com/1681480/...nd-run-drivers-get-caught?utm_source=facebook

The seven mini-cameras, secured in the helmet’s air vents with a layer of foam, record video at 30 frames per second with a resolution of 720x480 (that will be upgraded in the next version). They provide a 360-degree view of an accident as it happens. All of the core data is saved in a detachable USB drive integrated into the helmet. "A paramedic could pull the USB drive out, stick it in a laptop, and see what happened,"

StuartG

slower but further
No - but what about one of these?

intel_helmet.jpg

This oh-so-clever helmet contains:
  • Intel Edison wearable device Atom computer
  • Bluetooth radio
  • Magnetometer
  • Gyroscope
  • Two accelerometers to detect a sudden impact
  • Communications hardware to call pre-set emergency contact number
  • Above-the-ear speakers
  • Microphone
  • LED headlight
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2014/09/05/smart_black_box_helmet/

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
I would sooner donate my still-attached testes to a gypsy for sledge hammer target practice than wear a helmet (unless wearing one is a pre-requisite for a sporting event). I would sooner spend my time and effort focussing on continually developing my riding skills to lessen the odds of me needing one in the first place. Helmets are not a cure for crap cycling. Donning a polystyrene lid will not render you immune to crashing, and unless you crash and hit your head within the tight BS Kite mark window of 'protection' it is frankly a lottery as to whether it will help or.....make things worse.

Drago

Legendary Member
I wouldn't wear a cycle helmet with so little ventilation. The multiple cameras would capture glorious footage of a sweaty betty like me collapsing from heat exhaustion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom