Wrists hurting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tjit

Hi, I,new to road biking and bought a Boardman Team Comp bike. However when I'm riding I get very sore wrists and shoulders. Is this a common problem?

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
It takes a while to get used to the position on a road bike. One thing to check is the angle of your saddle. It should be pretty much level ,if it tilts down at the front this will push you forwards putting more stress on your arms /shoulders/wrists.

Some people like the saddle slioghtly raised at the front so it becomes level with your weight on it but take care as if its too high at the front it will put excess pressure between your legs which can lead to numbness of the genitals which is definitely not good for you infact dangerous to your health.

OP
OP
T

Tjit

It takes a while to get used to the position on a road bike. One thing to check is the angle of your saddle. It should be pretty much level ,if it tilts down at the front this will push you forwards putting more stress on your arms /shoulders/wrists.

Some people like the saddle slioghtly raised at the front so it becomes level with your weight on it but take care as if its too high at the front it will put excess pressure between your legs which can lead to numbness of the genitals which is definitely not good for you infact dangerous to your health.
Thank you, I'll check my sadle.....what is the best way to ensure my riding position is correct?

Do a search on YouTube there are several road bike setup videos to point you in the right direction. Use this as a start point and then adjust to your personal prefrence.

kedab

Veteran
i took some advice (from here i think) that you should be able to sit up from your riding position without having to push away from the bars - if you need to push away then you've got too much weight on your arms/shoulders and need to adjust your position. i tweaked the saddle position on the rail of my hybrid and the saddle height, over the course of about a week before i found the perfect position on it. my roadie seems to be pretty much perfect off the bat though, which is nice. just take your time and move your position in small increments - you'll find it soon enough.

Top Bottom