Wrong tyers? Right tyers? Help!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

herriotfan

Hi
Can I put hybrid tyers on a mountain bike so it's good for road use?
I'm only 5'2" and I'm really having problems finding a hybrid bike but can source loads of mountain bikes.
(Can't afford a new one.) I'm thinking of adapting a mountain bike for use on roads so I can do both sorts of cycling.
Is it possible or should I still keep looking for a proper hybrid?
All advice welcome!! Thanks :rolleyes:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
yes of course.... loads cheaper than buying another bike of you're happy with your MTB :rolleyes:

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Hi
Can I put hybrid tyers on a mountain bike so it's good for road use?
I'm only 5'2" and I'm really having problems finding a hybrid bike but can source loads of mountain bikes.
(Can't afford a new one.) I'm thinking of adapting a mountain bike for use on roads so I can do both sorts of cycling.
Is it possible or should I still keep looking for a proper hybrid?
All advice welcome!! Thanks :rolleyes:

Do you mean slicks or semi slicks? If so yes. Many people do it and it will make the MTB a faster machine on the road. Would recommend Schwalbe Marathon Plus or Continental Gatorskisn

Yes you can, I just put what I think are semi sleeks on my MTB ( Conti Sport Contact) for winter use on the road. Just make sure they are the right size, ask here if you are not sure, many people will be able to advice (not me yet :blush:)

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
It's worth noting that the size tyre you can get is determined by what wheels you have.

You can get a slick tyre in pretty much any size and will make cyclic on roads easier.

The Jayler

+1 for the shwarbe, i've been using them over a year and there great. Dont forget the slime tubes for puncture free cycling.

Top Bottom