Wrong Way Richards

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Crikey, I've had two of these on my last two commutes. First one in Clapham, riding next to the pavement with cars going towards and past him. He went on the pavement when he saw my light. The next was at Vauxhall Cross gyratory. Strangely both had decent lights.

Tynan

Veteran
get this on Mile End Road, local hoodies on MTB's, I think they're swerving across the (wide and busy) road at fair speed and then swerving back inline with the curb, on the wrong side

it's quite alarming, especially when they swerve back out into the road to avoid me

all without lights natch

Wheeledweenie

Über Member
There does seem to be an alarming increase in people who think that cycle/bus lanes can be used both ways where I live. I've seen about five people coming at me the wrong way down the road now. It's distinctly unpleasant.

I spoke to a guy one day while i was out cycling, he was doing the same thing (wrong way down a cycle lane). Nice guy, not an idiot but genuinely did not know that you could not do it. He seemed quite shocked when i told him.

Wheeledweenie

Über Member
addictfreak said:
I spoke to a guy one day while i was out cycling, he was doing the same thing (wrong way down a cycle lane). Nice guy, not an idiot but genuinely did not know that you could not do it. He seemed quite shocked when i told him.

Hmmmm, this somewhat confirms my suspicion that it's generally because people don't realise it's wrong.

Top Bottom