WTD: triathlon suit and wetsuit (small) on a shoestring

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

atforrest

Regular
Hi guys
I am just starting out in the Triathlon lark after getting quite fit by accident whilst attempting to lose some weight. Anyway, I want to have a crack at a triathlon, but funds are very tight at the moment with two young children (blah blah sob story – boo hoo etc. etc.) so I am trying to do the whole thing on a shoe string. Thus far I have found a mate who has an old rusty road bike for me to train and compete on, I’ve blagged a reduced entry fee to the event itself by offering to marshal at a previous event and now I am left with just the clothing essentials to get hold of, namely a tri suit and a wetsuit. I am around 5’7” tall, just over 10 stone (141 lbs or 64kg), with a 30 inch waist, so think I am roughly a “Small” by most manufacturers sizing structures but am flexible. I am in Leeds, but would be happy to travel to collect or cover reasonable postage costs.
I know its laughable but I was hoping to only spend in the region of £25 - £30 on a second hand wetsuit and a bit less on some triathlon apparel (e.g. trisuit or equivalent). I have seen one or two in this region on eBay, though I am always nervous of the reliability of the products and sellers on the site (I have been stung in the past); I have much greater faith in the like-minded brethren found on forums like this.
So if you’re a similar-sized keen triathlete with philanthropic morals and a cupboard full of old kit and would like to help out someone just getting started in the sport, I’d be spectacularly grateful to hear from you.
To hedge my bets I will shamelessly put this post out on a few forums, boards etc. so apologies if you see it a couple times but, likewise, if you know of alternative avenues I should pursue please let me know.
Thanks

OP
OP
A

atforrest

Regular
Doh, crucial omission: Men’s please

Top Bottom