WVM idiot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dand_uk

Just want to say that some people seriously need to retake their driving test.

WVM behind me. No room to overtake safely, lane is v narrow (approx 3m lane) so I'm in a position about 1m from the kerb. I'm going at a reasonable pace on my road bike. So he starts beeping like a maniac. I ignore it and continue. He then performs a very dodgy overtake with oncoming traffic (i move left as he passes as I know it will be close). Roughly ten seconds later he joins the back of a queue and I overtake as the oncoming traffic has stopped.

(I then give him a wave to show how impressed I am)

WHAT WAS THE ****ing POINT! grrrrrr!

jonathanw

Chorlton and the Wheelies
The main point is that you are ok, if not a little frustrated. You are still in one piece and he will be for evermore a complete tw*t.

Chalk it up to experience. Waving may well have escalated the situation should he have chosen to follow you, but I bet it felt good:rolleyes:

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Just want to say that some people seriously need to retake their driving test.

WVM behind me. No room to overtake safely, lane is v narrow (approx 3m lane) so I'm in a position about 1m from the kerb. I'm going at a reasonable pace on my road bike. So he starts beeping like a maniac. I ignore it and continue. He then performs a very dodgy overtake with oncoming traffic (i move left as he passes as I know it will be close). Roughly ten seconds later he joins the back of a queue and I overtake as the oncoming traffic has stopped.

(I then give him a wave to show how impressed I am)

WHAT WAS THE ****ing POINT! grrrrrr!

In or around Southampton (cant remember if it was you saying you're from here)?

I think some people are missing a connection in the old brain, either they're so target fixated (must overtake at all costs), or they're a member of T>I>T>S

OP
OP
D

dand_uk

Waving may well have escalated the situation should he have chosen to follow you, but I bet it felt good:rolleyes:

Yeh I know I probably shouldn't have but his driving made me angry. Next time I'll just ignore it and sail past :smile:

GrasB

Veteran
What's even more 'fun' is when someone breaks the speed limit to overtake you only to meet a red light which forces him to stop. Meanwhile you bypass the light, quite legally I might add, freewheeling to the of red traffic lights & come to a halt before the said vehicle pulls up behind you. The driver decides to take umbrage at the fact you're in front of him, so blares his horn while shouting in a built up area, at about 5:30 am I might add, only to completely fluff up pulling away & stall the engine.
:rofl:

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
What's even more 'fun' is when someone breaks the speed limit to overtake you only to meet a red light which forces him to stop. Meanwhile you bypass the light, quite legally I might add, freewheeling to the of red traffic lights & come to a halt before the said vehicle pulls up behind you. The driver decides to take umbrage at the fact you're in front of him, so blares his horn while shouting in a built up area, at about 5:30 am I might add, only to completely fluff up pulling away & stall the engine.

I was coming back from a shop down the road last week and saw a car flying along, he saw a green ahead and must having been doing over 40 easily (30 zone). Lights started to change as he got within 30 feet or less and he panicked and slammed on. Ended up half over the line and at a crazy angle.

Stupid thing is he was approaching a T junction to join a main road. He'd never have joined/cornered at that speed, simply gone right across it and into a field opposite.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf

And you don't video/youtube this? :becool:

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
I really thought I had a "good one" on cam today, near head on (I wasnt involved) further up the road because both drivers were being impatient to get through a pinchpoint with parked cars either side.

Got in and the camera battery had run out.

Top Bottom