Xl cheap road or hybrid bike (London area ideally ) SORTED

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kbrook

Veteran
My partners son who is 6‘5 just started working in London has just had his bike stolen after he clamped it by the rear wheel and they took everything except the rear wheel.
Anybody got anything of interest in or near to London, he doesn’t want to spend a lot for obvious reasons as who knows how long it will last. Many thanks

How about an Emmelle Cougar mountain bike? Top of the range for Emmelle, with quality Taiwanese Cromo frame, with tasteful(!) gold and black paint. All serviced and given a once over by me. I will include one 26x1.5 tyre - if he doubles his cost and buys a second skinny tyre he'll have something that won't be as fast as a road bike, but still not bad. £15 if he can collect from Derby.

Last edited:

Zanelad

Guru
Would this be of interest.......? A Ridgeback Flight 01 60cm.

It's now sporting a pair of hand made wheels from Harry Rowlands. Ryde Sputnik rims with Deore M6000 hubs. It also has a pair of Fend Off mudguards. I can upload some recent pictures of the bike if it is of interest.
50786746081_1d4ddeea66_z.jpg

OP
OP
K

Kbrook

Veteran
Would this be of interest.......? A Ridgeback Flight 01 60cm.

It's now sporting a pair of hand made wheels from Harry Rowlands. Ryde Sputnik rims with Deore M6000 hubs. It also has a pair of Fend Off mudguards. I can upload some recent pictures of the bike if it is of interest.
View attachment 695450

Hi, it may well be depending on location and price!

Zanelad

Guru
I'm in Aylesbury and I'd like £225 which just about covers the costs of the wheel and mudguards.

I've ridden it a handful of times since i bought it as a winter bike. Sadly circumstances at home have curtailed my cycling for the time being.

OP
OP
K

Kbrook

Veteran
Correction to initial post, it's a Flight 03 not an 01. Sorry, posted the details from memory. More photos below:-
View attachment 695551

View attachment 695552

View attachment 695553

View attachment 695554

View attachment 695555

View attachment 695556

I'm in Aylesbury and I'd like £225 which just about covers the costs of the wheel and mudguards.

I've ridden it a handful of times since i bought it as a winter bike. Sadly circumstances at home have curtailed my cycling for the time being.
I shall pass on details, many thanks

Top Bottom