XL road bike or upgraded wheel set

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

david k

Hi
Hi, following on from another thread about bike suitability and a tour I'm doing in a few weeks I'm putting this out there

Looking for either.

A road bike, in XL in good condition, minimum carbon fork, maybe frame, minimum Sora groupset, ideally 105 with disk brakes. Ideally on the NW area.

My other option, upgraded wheels for my Boardman CX team 2014 and tyres.

Any ideas or suggestions welcome please.

Thanks Dave

vickster

Legendary Member
Not disc brakes, but SRAM force is Ultegra level not too far from the NW (which is a big area in itself)
https://www.gumtree.com/p/bicycles/carbon-fibre-focus-cayo-mens-xl-road-bike/1406479422

Thanks mate, I'm now in two minds on the wheel upgrade, would these for a boradman CX team would you know. Sorry I'm clueless with these things
Well they would certainly fit, assuming that you have disc brakes. From your other posts you seem to be thinking of 25 or 28 tyres. No problem.
These are damned good wheels and there is no doubt you would gain from them. The only problem I can see is cost/benefit. Originally the cost close on a grand 12 months ago. I wouldn't want take much less than half of that for them.
Obviously they can be used on other bikes, but are you in that league? For a keen guy these are a real bargain.

OP
OP
david k

david k

Hi
Well they would certainly fit, assuming that you have disc brakes. From your other posts you seem to be thinking of 25 or 28 tyres. No problem.
These are damned good wheels and there is no doubt you would gain from them. The only problem I can see is cost/benefit. Originally the cost close on a grand 12 months ago. I wouldn't want take much less than half of that for them.
Obviously they can be used on other bikes, but are you in that league? For a keen guy these are a real bargain.
They sound great but probably a waste on me sadly.

70 miles today on my CX at 12.7mph average.🚴
First 40 were great, thought I'd cracked this cycling lark but from then it started to climb and I was done. The bike felt brilliant until my tired legs but climbs and it felt like a dead weight, it's probably my size rather than the bike 🙁 about 2000 foot of climbing most of it in the last 20 miles

Top Bottom