Xmas Book Offer - Take On Africa

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

takeonafrica

Hey,
Hope you don't mind this plug - but my book, Desert Snow - One Girl's Take On Africa By Bike, is now massively reduced. It's about my journey cycling 25,000km from UK to Cape Town (with 18 five-star Amazon Reviews).

Kindle edition - only £1.99, for 5 days only (usually £5.14).
[It's DRM-free so you can convert to any format.]

Paperback - only £7.49 until xmas (usually £9.99)
[It's signed, and with personalized message if you want.]

Also, feel free to download my photobook on my latest Asia trip (it's free!)

rich p

ridiculous old lush
It'd better be good - £2 is half a pint of bitter!:thumbsup:

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Great stuff Helen- thanks for the tip. I love cycle touring books and am just finishing Oli Broom's 'Cycling to the Ashes'. I've got through all Josie Drew's books now so it will be great to read something new. I don't have a Kindle so have ordered the book.
Cheers! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
T

takeonafrica

It'd better be good - £2 is half a pint of bitter!:thumbsup:
Rich p - pricey I know, but I'd recommend saving up and having a pint while you read too :smile: I biked 25km for every beer on that trip... everything goes better with beer.
Hope you all enjoy it!

OP
OP
T

takeonafrica

I don't have a Kindle so have ordered the book.
Cheers! :thumbsup:
It's always nice to have a real book in hand... I posted it today!

But if anyone else wants to make the most of this bargain £1.99 but doesn't have a Kindle - it's DRM-free so you can convert the kindle file into any format you like and read it on your phone/computer etc.

Brains

Legendary Member
Dowloaded it and started it
First 20 pages covers 2 years of preparation and then 2 months and what must be 3,000 miles right across Europe! For most people that would have been a book in it's own right!
Anyway you have now just arrived in Morocco, and that is as far as I've got so far, but at this rate I expect we will be in Cape Town in about 30 pages time.
^_^

OP
OP
T

takeonafrica

Dowloaded it and started it
First 20 pages covers 2 years of preparation and then 2 months and what must be 3,000 miles right across Europe! For most people that would have been a book in it's own right!
Anyway you have now just arrived in Morocco, and that is as far as I've got so far, but at this rate I expect we will be in Cape Town in about 30 pages time.
^_^

Lol! Too much to write about... could've written 3 books about the trip at least. Even focusing mainly on Africa, I still ended up cutting out a third of the original manuscript (50,000 words). If you're interested in the ride through Europe, there's plenty to read on the blog - http://helenstakeon.com/take-on-africa/journal/

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Rats! I delayed buying it for £1.99 until Boxing Day then foundit had gone back up to the "proper" price.

albal

Guru
Yes, thanks Helen, I was at your talk thing in Horsington,got your book, and enjoying reading it, you are an inspiration to every tourer. I wish you all the best in Siberia.

Top Bottom