England : London Xmas Day Morning Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mallory

Any CC's planning an early AM Xmas day ride?

I'm planning on getting out cora 6.30/7.30am for a nice steady ride around the (hopefully) deserted streets of London and the City.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Southwark and Greenwich Cyclists usually organise a ride for Christmas Day.

wanda2010

Guru
The LFGSS one was called off but I did my mini version as I have to head over to Bermondsey twice a day to feed my friend's cat. Despite the weather it was a nice meander through the City and West End, but I was reminded that waterproofs only work for a short amount of time and I need to stock up on inner tubes and a patch kit tomorrow :rolleyes::laugh:

Now drying said waterproofs for the evening trip. Merry Christmas! :hello:

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
It's to wet, i am nice and comfatable sitting on the sofa with the laptop, music playing the wife making bacon sandwiches, I am at one with the world.
What more could one want.:cheers: maybe a beer to wash it down. sorted.

AnythingButVanilla

Über Member
I was kept awake most of the night by the rain battering the plastic roof on my conservatory and the alarm got switched off as soon as the thunder and lightening started. Just out of bed ten minutes ago but I'm going back to drink my tea and read my book and see how arsed I am about a ride later on.

frank9755

Cyclist
I went along to the ride. It was a nice morning when I left home but by Hyde park it was raining hard. I was second to arrive at Greenwich and we waited half an hour, leaving as a group of 13. I'd really cooled down while stopped and didn't warm up much on the run over to London Bridge but someone gave me a glass of port which made a big difference

My plan was to head off to Chelmsford for lunch at my sisters place so decided to leave then so I could ride at a faster pace to warm up. The day was pretty mild so, although it rained all the way to Brentwood I was comfortable enough.

The last hour or so was in glorious sunshine but the roads were more flooded than I can remember. quite a lot of traffic out too.

Thanks to Francis and co for organising the ride. I'd like to have stayed longer but couldn't be in two places at once!

Top Bottom