Yaaay! Cant wait to go to work tomorrow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stephenite

Membå
Taken from the window just now

2yjrq5l.jpg

:biggrin::laugh::biggrin::tongue:

Attachments

• 2yjrq5l.jpg
    2yjrq5l.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 34
x-country ski?

OP
OP
Stephenite

Stephenite

Membå
skudupnorth said:
Just cold rain here today :biggrin:

I'll be under it too next week. Every year i swap a fluffy white xmas for a cold wet manchester one. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

dudi

mmmm, snow...
I am very tempted to visit friends in Helsinki in the new year to get my snow fix...
Undoubtedly the snow here will be shoot and last for 2 hours before turning into slush-puppies.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
At least there's a chance other road users in Oslo will be relatively sensible / prepared for this. In the UK, snow brings on silly season with all manner of muppets sliding into each other. Last year, I had to rescue a poor woman in a BMW X5 who managed to tangle herself with a buried traffic island. Funny thing is, had she been in a normal size car, we could have got her off it. Instead, it was two guys, one woman and 2 and a half thousand kgs of stranded steel.

ChrisKH

Guru
hackbike 666 said:
No thanks,I don't want snow.It was a nightmare last time.

Ditto. I don't have the equipment and why is it necessary when it snows for a couple of days once a year?

Ice on the other hand I need to be prepared for. I came off this morning; first ice of the year for me.

ChrisKH said:
Ditto. I don't have the equipment and why is it necessary when it snows for a couple of days once a year?

Ice on the other hand I need to be prepared for. I came off this morning; first ice of the year for me.

It's not funny,may be great fun when you are in your twenties but when you get older any injuries you get take much longer to heal....meaning you could be off the bike for weeks or months.

In my 2006 collision I was cycling with an injury for at least two months.

Next time there is all that ice and snow bo55ox I think I will walk.I still got cut up last time in the snow and the ice by a muppet in "Pre Booked".

Too many idiots around driving like muppets which has been pointed out in this thread.

Hmm that's awful,hope you are ok and bike as well.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
arallsopp said:
At least there's a chance other road users in Oslo will be relatively sensible / prepared for this. In the UK, snow brings on silly season with all manner of muppets sliding into each other.

I heard a rumour that on the first day of snow every year, the Scandinavians also suffer with silly drivers and lots of sliding. However in a day or two, everyone gets the hang of it, and the rest of winter is well-ordered and sensible with respect to driving.

In the UK, we only get a day or two of snow before it clears, and then not every year, hence we are always suffering from first day madness, and never get beyond this.

Can any Norwegians/Finns confirm or deny this?

OP
OP
Stephenite

Stephenite

Membå
BrumJim said:
I heard a rumour that on the first day of snow every year, the Scandinavians also suffer with silly drivers and lots of sliding. However in a day or two, everyone gets the hang of it, and the rest of winter is well-ordered and sensible with respect to driving.

In the UK, we only get a day or two of snow before it clears, and then not every year, hence we are always suffering from first day madness, and never get beyond this.

Can any Norwegians/Finns confirm or deny this?

I'm not a 'noggins' (norwegian) but have lived here for 8 years.

There is a lot of truth in what you say. The first day of snow takes them by surprise each year. We had half an inch of snow yesterday and trains were in chaos!

I'm in my forties (just) and i still love the snow. I will be taking it easy as i have sciatica, and have only recently got back on the bike. Indeed, i've only just returned to a stage where i can walk normally.

Must dash. Leaving for work now. Meet you on the other side!!

Top Bottom