yahoo article

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Totally flawed.

The fictitious commuter spends £9.80 per day on buses on top of his £2,508 annual train season ticket. That is very expensive in any ones book.

And the car commuter has included nothing for car parking or heaven forbid, congestion charge. On the very rare occasion that I want to drive in to work to collect something it costs me £20 per day to park and £8 in congestion charging!!

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Totally flawed.

The fictitious commuter spends £9.80 per day on buses on top of his £2,508 annual train season ticket. That is very expensive in any ones book.

And the car commuter has included nothing for car parking or heaven forbid, congestion charge. On the very rare occasion that I want to drive in to work to collect something it costs me £20 per day to park and £8 in congestion charging!!

It's not totally flawed.

It was never claimed that it would work for everyone. It clearly states that the car parking was free.

I'm a commuter driving a Nissan Micra and I have free car parking at my place of work. My running costs are below the £1,150 annual season ticket price for bus and train and, furthermore, driving to and from work liberates a couple of house and a load of hassle per day.

Top Bottom