Yarn bombing.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Earlier in the year, there was a lot of prominence given to Leicester Constabulary's attempt to lower crime by hanging knitted pom poms from tress and and fitting the trunks with tree warmers.

Read about it here

I know of yarn bombing in Saltburn and, to my regret, I have yet to visit it when I go up to Darlington.

I finally saw some yarn bombing out in the wild when I was in Berlin on this year's summer cycle tour.

1148774_10151789069093330_973108491_n.jpg

1098162_10151789069358330_1728267119_n.jpg

I wonder if the Berlin examples serve as a bike theft deterrent in alignment with the Leicester Constabulary's theory.....

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I'd never heard of yarn bombing before, I thought it was known as guerilla knitting. But I now see that it's also called yarn storming. That's now my term of choice.

Anyhow, there are a few yarn stormers operating out of East Greenwich and their creations are visible along the Thames path. I can't remember where I heard it but I'd been led to believe that the Greenwich ones came out of a local primary school project. But the presence of a knitting group in the Pelton Arms makes the primary school story seem unlikely.

Top Bottom