Yay...Snow ???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Yay..we are actually getting some snow now..... just started sticking in South Manchester.......;) down side...... got work in the morning...... bugger...4 wheels then..... the missus will ban me from riding..... can't afford to fall off on my bad shoulder....

Damn..... can't even phone in work to book the day off and go sledging as I have stuff that has to be done tomorrow - month end deadlines.....:biggrin: - ah...I also shouldn't be going sledging with the shoulder also....boooooooooo

Anyone else got some more snow - how's the snow in the badly affected areas....

derall

Guru
We had a short fall of snow, only lasted about an hour or so. Now stopped. It's left a dusting across the gardens, but the paths and roads haven't been affected.

gbb

Legendary Member
:biggrin: 4 wheels tomorrow !!!! my first reaction was stop wimping out:biggrin: but then i see youve done your shoulder ;)
No snow here...just a few drops of rain.:wacko: Everythings still white, but i dont know how long for.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Anyone who knows me, I don't do slow and careful on the bike..... and the shoulder is RTA induced - so coming off on it might hinder the physio and my claim...

I just won't do ice / snow - I have 3 bikes, all on slicks - 2 on Pro Race tyres, and the commuter MTB on Hutchinson 1.2's....

A day or two off won't hurt......

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
sorry foss, it's my fault. i locked the mountain bike up in the shed this morning and swapped all the lights etc to road bike (i'm in macc, down the road).

that's why it's now snowing.

i did go for an up-the-road-and-back ride just to enjoy the virgin snow tho' ;)

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Your fault alec..... - you always get more snow than we do...

I also ditched my Cateye EL-510's for 2 x Tesco 3w C cell Crees - adapted using C cell adaptors (with AA batteries) and my new fangled quick mounts for torches.....(will get pics up, but it consists of 2 x jubilee clips and a plummers reducer tube with a seal - grips the torch well).. that's along with my other 2 x AA Tesco's......

Just in testing phase.....we'll see what migrates to the Fixie - if I ever get it....

Top Bottom