Yep Spring is here

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scouserinlondon

I think that cyclists often give themselves a bad name, and the terrible behaviour of others puts me in danger. Now that's not to say I'm a saint, I've RLJ'd etc in the past but I'm a reformed character.

Today, two dickhead fakengers really annoyed me and anybody else who saw them. One was at the busy crossroads of Kennington Road and Lane. Where a guy came from the pavement and proceeded to do little circles around the ASL and pedestrian crossing area (while the green man was showing) before gobbing on the floor and taking off across the red lights. What a cock.

The other was a youngish looking hipster on a lovely Langster who pulled out in front of me to overtake without looking, which caused me to brake. I then overtook him (calling him rude names) only for him to sail across the red light at the Kennington Road, Lambeth Road junciton.

In both cases peds were crossing the roads, and it's school holidays so kids are up and about in the mornings. I think that people who RLJ at ped crossings are wore than those at junctions with motor vehicles.

Grrrr etc.

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
I think that cyclists often give themselves a bad name, and the terrible behaviour of others puts me in danger. Now that's not to say I'm a saint, I've RLJ'd etc in the past but I'm a reformed character.

Today, two dickhead fakengers really annoyed me and anybody else who saw them. One was at the busy crossroads of Kennington Road and Lane. Where a guy came from the pavement and proceeded to do little circles around the ASL and pedestrian crossing area (while the green man was showing) before gobbing on the floor and taking off across the red lights. What a cock.

The other was a youngish looking hipster on a lovely Langster who pulled out in front of me to overtake without looking, which caused me to brake. I then overtook him (calling him rude names) only for him to sail across the red light at the Kennington Road, Lambeth Road junciton.

In both cases peds were crossing the roads, and it's school holidays so kids are up and about in the mornings. I think that people who RLJ at ped crossings are wore than those at junctions with motor vehicles.

Grrrr etc.

I completely agree. I have just returned home (in the car), and as I had almost completed a right turn from a minor road to a major road, a chav on a BSO without lights wheelied the bike off the pavement on my right-hand side (opposite side of the road), straight into the road, and almost into the right hand wing of my car, despite the fact that I still had my indicator going and I had completed 99% of the turn by the time he hopped off the pavement! He then shouted obscenities at me like it was my fault, spat on the windscreen and cycled off along the other pavement, nearly knocking over a mother with her pushchair. I wonder how many motorists he's turned into cyclist-haters who will then cut me up on my bike.

Tynan

Veteran
yes, my button pusher at the mo is people on trundlers that insist on startibng on the right hand side of the lane when wiating to turn right at crossroads, usually way in front of a perfectly good ASL then trundling around the turn, slowly working across to the LHS as they do, so holding up the cars and anyone else that's started from the ASL

Yep..tonioght, walking by the Supertram route, along a platform about a foot from the edge, some idiot on a proper MTB barged past me in that foot gap

Not only did he clip me, if I'd slightly deviated, he'd have been faceplanting off a 2 foot drop onto stones and steel rails

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Had a guy in the works bike shed saying his bike was crap as the gears no longer clicked properly and the wheels were wobbly etc etc.
Looking at the bike it looks like it had never seen any oil or maintenance in its entire life so i told him so !

It was not a crap bike , just a bike that had been dug out of the garage for the 1st time since last summer and expected to run smoothly , numpty :whistle:

Top Bottom