Yer put yer left leg. .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

frog

I've just tried on my first pair of bib shorts. I'm under no false impression that I'm the willow slim youth of yesteryear but it was a bit of struggle getting them on without listening for that very expensive tearing noise.

Question is 'Is there a proper way to get into a pair of bib shorts?'

Any girls remember one piece bathing costumes? How did you get into them without moving an awful lot of personal property around?

PS Just been told I look like 'Big Daddy'

Some people can be very cruel :tongue:

littlered

:tongue: :?: :biggrin:

SamNichols

It seems that every other time I put mine on, I end up putting my leg through the arm hole again, prompting some anglo saxon and having t take them off again. For the less svelte, I advise putting on a base layer with them - it really takes away the WWF wrestler look.

Monty Dog

Mr Assos suggest that you pull the shorts up by using the seat pad rather than just the lycra. Somehow it sounds as though you are perhaps testing the elastic properties of the material beyond its limit!

Fab Foodie said:
When wearing Bib-shorts....

You either look like Big Daddy or Freddie Mercury.

Big Daddy me!

Or Billy Dainty or ... Max Wall :?: Even do "The Walk" if you wear road shoes :tongue:

Mortiroloboy

How large are you lot? And I'm not talking in the nether regions! I don't experience problems getting into my bibs, only the customary re-arranging of the meat and veg:ohmy:;) Apart from that I get in and out of mine no problem, If I had a 'tache I'd be more of a FM than a BD:biggrin:

Keith Oates

Janner
I also don't have a lot of problem getting them on. I just pull up the shorts section and get that in place first then the 'straps' next. Getting the straps flat against the skin in the back can be awkward at times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gbyers

Do you suppose that if any of our nearest and dearest read any of the above posts that they might just see us in a new (and disturbing) light. :tongue:

I went from mtb shorts, to mtb shorts with lycra insert to lycra shorts. The evolution went largely uncriticised from rest of household.

Then I bought my first bib shorts. Teenage daughter howled "what is that gay vest doing attached to your shorts?"

But I toughed it out............

Mortiroloboy

gbyers said:
Do you suppose that if any of our nearest and dearest read any of the above posts that they might just see us in a new (and disturbing) light. :biggrin:

I went from mtb shorts, to mtb shorts with lycra insert to lycra shorts. The evolution went largely uncriticised from rest of household.

Then I bought my first bib shorts. Teenage daughter howled "what is that gay vest doing attached to your shorts?"

But I toughed it out............

:?::smile:;) I get a similar response from twin 11 year olds, I don't care, think I look pretty good in my bibs!
:tongue:

Top Bottom