Yes, another...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roadiewill

thread about me choosing a new bike - please stick with me.
Basically, which bike gives me more for my money-

2008 Cannondale CAAD9 105 Compact

or

2008 Wilier Mortirolo Mirage Compact

Cheers

yello

I like Wiliers... but I'd go with the Cannondale... mirage v 105. Not a campy v shim argument, just I reckon 105 is probably a better bet.

That said, my bianchi is mirage/veloce mix and the mirage bits give no problems after 4 years of good service.

RedBike

I would have to go for the Cannondale; but then again I am a Cannondale fan.

For long rides go with the wilier. If you want a race bike then it has to be the Cannondale.

OP
OP
roadiewill

roadiewill

does anyone know if the spesh tarmac roubaix with its 'zertz' would be more suited to the rough lanes around here than the tarmac elite?

yello

wlc1 said:
Spesh all the time. No arguments from me - but then I'm in love with spesh's.

Now oddly I'm the completely the opposite. I'd never buy a Specialized, nor a Trek for that matter. No problem with Cannondales though.

RedBike

I tired the Roubaix and abosultely hated it. It has a very upright riding position. It felt more like a touring bike than a race bike. If you want a comfortable long distance bike then the Roubaix makes sense but not as a race bike.

I loved the Tarmac and very nearly brought one. It was like the Roubaix but with a racing geometry. There's no doubt that the Tamac is a comfortable bike but I still think those Zertz insert are all for show and don't acutally do anything. If they did then surely they would rob your power / bob like a suspension fork?

Eventually I went with the Cannondale. The Dale has a noticably stiffer and lighter frame.The rides harsher but this doesn't reallly make any odds unless i'm spending all day in the saddle.

Top Bottom