Yes - CTW off the ground - whoooo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Whooooo

Our scheme has had the go ahead - I'm the test case.....just ordered my voucher on line, spoke to my LBS and I'll be off there to spec my new velo at the weekend - should take a couple of weeks to build....... and my voucher should have arrived by then....:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

That will be a month's practice riding a fixed before the CC Velodrome meet - so I won't look a complete fool when I forget not to pedal....

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
What have you gone for in the end?

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Custom Fixed road bike from my LBS - Alloy frame carbon fork, hand built Open Pro wheels - hubs to be decided, with Richey finishing kit, guards and probably Conti 4 Seasons rather than the Gators that seem to be standard on it..... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Guess where I've been this morning........ :angry:

DSC00238.jpg

Unfortunately this one is way too small....:sad: nice price for that one...

Have gone for custom options, same frame/colour - similar spec but Formula Hubs with CXP33's (LBS recommended hubs and the CXP's over Open Pro - for the state of the roads), Conti 4 Season tyres, Richey Pro Finishing Kit (bars stem, seat post), San Marco Saddle, computer, SKS Carbon effect guards...

Price will be near the £1k - LBS was saying how much everything has gone up :sad:

Also took in a pair of Dura Ace Tubular wheels - I'm having these rebuilt into CXP33's (clinchers) - couldn't have Open Pro's as the hubs are 28 hole (Open Pro's no longer come in 28's) and given I'm no 10 stone whippet, he recommended the CXP's again. These wheels will be going onto Frank, as the Ksyrium's don't quite look the 'retro' part.

Then got stung by my daughter who spotted a nice Giro helmet......

Well 2-3 weeks and I should have the bike and the wheels - good thing is the LBS has quite a bit on......:wacko:

Apparently we haven't got CTW anyway.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

It's Alloy - A6N - similar to the Pearson, and I think very similar Joe24's new fixie - in fact might be the same frame as his came via his LBS.

Wills Wheels are my LBS - not been in for ages, but if you need wheels re-building etc, he's very good - he also sponsors a club. I also seem to have spent a small fortune in there recently........ I've known Will for many years.

Tharg2007

Veteran
Sh4rkyBloke said:
I was browsing in my LBS yesterday... saw a lovely Giant Bowery which I thought looked very classy and understated. Kind of the Fixie version of the Stealth Bomber. Me likes!! :smile::biggrin:

Now all I have to do is try to explain to the Wife why I *need* another bike. :rolleyes:

buy her another pair of shoes, then you can hold up your argument with "you can only wear one pair at a time"

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Tharg2007 said:
buy her another pair of shoes, then you can hold up your argument with "you can only wear one pair at a time"
Nice idea! However, she struggles to get shoes (size 2 and not really into flower ones with velcro fastenings!) so her logic for buying more shoes is that she has to get them when she finds them.... don't think she'd buy that one for the bikes!! :rolleyes::biggrin:

Top Bottom