Yes it's another new bike help question....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Maisie65

Maisie65

You know when you have intentions of buying one thing and end up buying something else... yeah that!

Didn't go with the Dawes because I wasn't happy ordering something I couldn't see and ride first I really felt like I was flying blind.

So I went back to Halfords and I know their Carrera range is good, so the lovely lady and gent took four of their bikes down to the staff car park which was huge and empty, and I gave them all a ride around the car park.

The Carrera Parva didn't do it for me, because the seating positon just felt odd. I felt like I was going to fall over the handlebars
The Carrera Subway 1 and 2 just wasn't comfortable. I couldn't get my feet on the pedals right and they kept slipping
The Carrera Crossfire 1 felt great. It was adjusted a couple of times after each ride round the car park until we reached what I felt was near perfection.

So my new baby is coming home on Tuesday.

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/hybrid-bikes/carrera-crossfire-1-womens-hybrid-bike

Reading back, I've just realised I shouldn't have got suspension forks, but I think I will have to accept them, because it is such a comfortable ride.

vickster

Legendary Member
Good stuff! Buy what's right for you :smile:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Glad you found something you like. I would note that it might be that the Subways came with the wrong pedals for you and could be changed, but it might well be that the position was still not as good for you as the Crossfire.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Nice bike, hope you enjoy many happy miles on it. Suspension may not be strictly necessary but it will help take out a bit of road and trail buzz and help keep your hands more comfortable as you up the distances, it'll also help if you want to run a harder tyre pressure to roll better and keep the dreaded punctures at bay.

OP
OP
Maisie65

Maisie65

My new bike. :biggrin:

2016-08-02 18.40.15.jpg

Top Bottom