Yet another cyclist killed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/24197460.woman-cyclist-dies-bearsden-manse-road-crash-lorry/

This is probably the real reason for my comments on another thread regarding the woman appealing a 3 year sentence for causing the death of a cyclist.

That and another poor cyclist dragged under a bus in the Mearns last week and it all adds up to something really should be done regarding this, and giving LGV licences to individuals who shouldn't be in charge of anything bigger than a wheel barrow, would be a start. Not that I'm saying this was a factor in this case.

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/news/glasgow-news/cyclist-63-fighting-life-after-28769222

This was the previous incident. :sad:

Last edited:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Or possibly some cyclists should not be allowed out on a road.

I find these posts totally unhelpful. It perpetuates the animosity between motorists and cyclists, even before any investigation has taken place.

Either one of them could have been at fault.

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru

I find these posts totally unhelpful. It perpetuates the animosity between motorists and cyclists, even before any investigation has taken place.

Which is why I didn't allocate fault in either case linked.

The comments regarding truck drivers is from personal experience gleaned.

albion

Guru

Yes, but more likely driver was both too fast and inattentive. It looks like just another high risk road.
GB media and politicians do not help by using cyclists as an enemy..

Exactly what I was thinking

Could have been the truck - could have been the cyclist

no idea from the article

no point in allocating blame in a specific incident based on personal experience of other stuff or other incidents in other times and places

otherwise we end up going all Daily Fail

classic33

Leg End Member
Exactly what I was thinking

Could have been the truck - could have been the cyclist

no idea from the article

no point in allocating blame in a specific incident based on personal experience of other stuff or other incidents in other times and places

otherwise we end up going all Daily Fail
Picking this one purely because it was the last one. No other reason.

Why do we say cyclist, not bike. And truck, not truck driver?

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
We've hovering like a fly waiting for the windshield on the freeway

Man, that's deep, I love it! Can't wait to be able to use it sometime.

boydj

Legendary Member
I know the junction well, and there was a bit more explanation in one of the papers today. Looks like a left-turning lorry and a cyclist on its inside going straight. Don't know who got there first.

There was a spate of this type of incident in London a couple of years ago - again mostly female riders. I know when I commuted I soon learned that if a lorry came up alongside I would move out in front to a point where I could see the driver and make sure he knew I was there, and if a lorry was already there I would hang back. Drivers often forget to signal so it's easy to get caught out.

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
I know the junction well, and there was a bit more explanation in one of the papers today. Looks like a left-turning lorry and a cyclist on its inside going straight. Don't know who got there first.

There was a spate of this type of incident in London a couple of years ago - again mostly female riders. I know when I commuted I soon learned that if a lorry came up alongside I would move out in front to a point where I could see the driver and make sure he knew I was there, and if a lorry was already there I would hang back. Drivers often forget to signal so it's easy to get caught out.

Any news on the cyclist involved with the bus?

Top Bottom