Yet Another Newbie.. North Devon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shawn Lee

Hello, Cyclechatters!
I'm Shawn, I live in the wilds of North Devon & have recently returned to two wheels.
I used to cycle hybrid really, a MTB but taken to the roads too. I've bought what I think is a bargain, a B'twin Triban3, it's a road bike with alloy frame & CF forks & at 10.5K. Well, it suited my pocket anyhoo. I doubt I could get a better lightweight bike in my price range.
I'm forcing myself to commute, it is after all 5mi each way so i'd be an idiot not to. Thing holding me back is my day starts are fairly early, 7am, & I have to negotiate Barnstaple before I hit the road proper, this slows me down & basically means I'd need to arise some time earlier than if I just lazily slid into my car. Pants excuse, I know.. But I really don't fancy getting out of bed at 5.45am
That said I do also have two nightshifts a week (I work 2 days, then 2 nights back-to-back, then 4 off) so I use the night shifts less urgent feeling work-start to cycle in. Well,it's a start eh.

Am I a wimp? :unsure:

Oh, please look out for my new thread, up soon, I am planning a cycle across Spain & will be after all your European knowledge. Ta

Boon 51

Veteran
Hi Shawn..
Welcome mate, that's a tough bike ride all the way to Spain but if you do it and you get down to where I live call in for a beer or tea..

Boon

Top Bottom